EHC believes it to be of paramount importance to preserve the health and safety of our members, many of whom are elderly and vulnerable, and to comply fully with Scottish Government guidance, which differs from that in England. The following measures are currently in place.
Please wear a face covering at all times inside the Shul building.
A record of all those attending services will be kept in case future contact tracing is required.
- Please do not come to synagogue if:
- You or anyone in your household is feeling unwell, or if you have a new persistent cough, fever, or loss of smell or taste.
- You or anyone in your household is self-isolating or in quarantine.
- Please observe 2 metre physical distancing inside the Shul building.
- Hand gel dispensers will be available throughout the building; please use these to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- Keep your coat and any other clothes and possessions with you and place them on a seat next to you.
- Please observe the one way system in place and follow all directions.
- All entry and exit doors in the Shul will remain open during services and windows will also be opened.
- Please sit in the seat which will be assigned to you. Family members may sit together. Some rows will be deliberately kept empty and marked as such.
- Siddurim and Chumashim will be placed on the reading panel in front of the seats and left there, therefore please use only those seats with a siddur on display. Please leave the books on the reading panel at that seat at the end of the service.
- All toilets are for sole occupancy; please refer to the notices on the doors.
- The content of services may be shortened slightly.
- Our caretaker will ensure that all surfaces are regularly disinfected.