The Mikveh was built in 1932 and is Grade B listed, but by the 1980’s had fallen into a state of disrepair and was no longer used. In 1998, Rabbi Sedley obtained permission from the Council to bring it back into use. In 2003 with a substantial grant from the Lottery Heritage Fund and generous donations from individual donors, work was commenced on a complete renovation of the building and facilities. The building was cleaned out, the bath tiled, a boiler installed and the old fashioned fittings replaced. The project was completed in 2004 and was officially opened in March of that year by Lady Jakobovits.
We now have a fully restored Mikveh which has modern facilities but retains the quality and character of the original. There is also a splendid stained glass window that was donated by its maker Valerie.
The Mikveh is open by appointment and, if possible, bookings should be made at least two days in advance. To book an appointment please contact Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org